Desktop Support Technician
Duration: 3 month contract to hire
Location: Cleveland Ohio 44112
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Provides day-to-day technical support to employees for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software and hardware. Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are identified to a higher level of support. Installs, configures and troubleshoots desktop systems and workstations. Maintains data integrity and file system security for the desktop environment. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. May be called upon to recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades. May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects. May conduct training programs designed to educate an organization's computer users about basic and specialized applications. May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system.
Desk Top Support Technician Job Duties:
• Work as tier 2 PC support. Work for tickets escalated from tier 1
• Maintain accurate data on Customer PC inventory, Replacements and repairs
• Triage all problems to determine cause and resolution.
• Diagnose and repair PC level hardware issues. Order required parts from OEM
• Provide services in a timely manner to meet customer Service Level Agreement
Desk Top Support Technician Position Requirements:
• Candidates must be A+ Certified to be considered.
• Experience with Dell, Lenovo, and HP PCs.
• Experience with asset management. Install, move, add, and change.
• Experience working in enterprise environment.
• Candidates should have 3-5 years' experience supporting PC Hardware and software.
• Work well independently - minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple projects
MOST IMPORTANT SKILLSET (in order of importance)
1) Customer service skills
2) A+ Certification
3) Work well independently
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers