At Steven Douglas Corp (SDC) we design and build custom automated machines that are used in a wide variety of applications and industries. We design, engineer, prototype, manufacture and build all our machines, components and systems, in-house using our full engineering and manufacturing staff and facility. For over 20 years we have successfully solved complex engineering and automation problems and continue to deliver robust, highly-technical solutions.
We are continually looking to add qualified, hard-working individuals to enhance our team. Apply today for an immediate job opening for an experienced Machine Builder or Mechanic who is looking to enhance their career in the Engineering / Automation Industry. This individual will primarily be responsible for machine building and assembly for custom and unique machines according to engineering specifications. A strong mechanic / mechanical background is preferred, on-site training will be conducted to learn specific skills.
• Perform special machine building activities (primarily mechanical assembly, but pneumatic and some basic electrical is also required)
• Perform machine building tasks including, but not limited to assembly, mounting, fastening, drilling & taping, placing, leveling, plumbing pneumatics and/or other tube and pipe based systems, and troubleshooting
• Support machine building process through the de-bug and acceptance testing, up to and including potential on-site customer installations and start-up support
• Manage released mechanical drawings for manufacture, including: Parts making and/or modifying parts, as required
• Ability to operate metal working and metal cutting machinery for the manufacture and/or modification of custom parts
• Assist with a variety of other duties as assigned, including: surface preparation and painting, unpacking received equipment, packing out-going equipment, including lifting, palletizing, strapping, etc.
• Maintain diligent workplace safety practices and cleanliness
• Knowledge of methods, practices, tools and equipment of the machine building & mechanic trade
• Knowledge of the machining qualities, properties and uses of: carbon steel, tool steels, stainless steels, aluminum and plastics
• Strategic thinking and troubleshooting
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering drawings
• Ability to read and interpret pneumatic schematics and electrical wiring diagrams is a plus
• Ability to participate and coordinate with a project team
• Ability to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds and operate lift trucks and overhead cranes
• Ability to support overtime, as needed
• Above average compensation
• Medical Insurance
• Paid Vacation Time Off
• 9 Company Paid Holidays
• 401(k) Retirement Program with Company Match
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers